01 December 2009

Where Brooklyn At?



Haven't posted in a while, I know. Between the holidays and having minor surgery and then getting caught up at work, it's been one big clustercuss (that's my way of hinting that I recently saw The Fantastic Mr. Fox--see my review here).

Anyway, I've got a couple of bigger posts planned, but in the meanwhile, be sure to check out what I believe is now last week's issue of New York Magazine. They did a multi-armed piece on the Brooklyn music scene, broken down here:

-A piece on the scene in general, especially Dirty Projectors

-An interview with MGMT, where they talk about their upcoming album

-An interview with DJ /rupture

-A guide for finding great venues in Brooklyn

-A guide to great Brooklyn music blogs

-And the biggie, a 40 track play list of the best songs that define the scene. I took the time to download everything and put it all together (they give you a pre-made iTunes link, but it's missing three of the songs) and while I was familiar with some of it already (TV On The Radio, Grizzly Bear, MGMT, etc.), some of it really blew me away (Matt and Kim, The Antlers, The National, etc.). Definitely worth your time/money if you're looking to discover some fresh sounds.


More soon.

JS

No comments:

Post a Comment