07 February 2011

Because God Loves Ugly. And Family.


So here's some good news--12 April 2011.

That is when Atmosphere will release their latest LP, "The Family Sign."

While the double EP "To All My Friends, Blood Makes the Blade Holy" filled the space since their last LP, "When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold," and it was a good effort, but not a Lucy Ford-esque EP effort, there's nothing like a proper (yup, Pitchfork, I jacked your adjective. Don't be mad though. It stuck out because I've still got Animal Kingdom slang in my head.) LP release.

This morning, Pitchfork posted an interview with Sean Daley, who already appears to be on his online media grind.

Here's one of my favorite snippets:

Pitchfork: On the last record, When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold, you seemed to be rapping more about people other than yourself. From what you say, this one is more about you and the people around you.

S: Lemons was an exercise for me-- I needed to see how far I could go with these eighth grade creative writing skills I got. And there are a lot of fictitious narratives on this one, too, so I don't know how to categorize it. I'm seen as the guy that creates autobiographical songs and I let people run with it. But let's be honest. If those songs were autobiographical, I would've died from, like, whiskey poisoning. So they're really my interpretations based on details. Ultimately, I'm a rapper and I have to try and make myself cooler than I actually am.

Yes.

12 April can't come soon enough.

Read the rest of the interview here.

Check out of the official Rhymesayers PR here.

No comments:

Post a Comment