24 February 2011

Media Purge


I've posted before about my love for Instapaper (shit, I'm pretty sure I've started a post with that exact sentence). Besides using it to read long articles on my iPad/iPhone, I also use it as a staging area for ideas/inspiration for future posting--bigger issues that I can blog about, or single bits of media that I can post about on Tumblr (tumble about?).

Sometimes, I get a bit of backlog--too much cool shit at once. The internet moves at a pace that doesn't allow for one tumble (?) a day, so I'm breaking my (newish) rule and devoting a blog post to a few single bits of media, mostly because I'm tired of waiting.

First, via my good friend @ViralRobby, is:



Arcade Fire's win at the Grammys made my fucking week, so naturally, some humility is probably in order. Also worth checking out is Who Is Arcade Fire??!!?

Next, via Brian Francis, who's been introducing me to quality, thought-provoking shit since High School, is:



At 19 years old, Tyler, The Creator is about to, at the very least, change hip hop, at least for a little while. Also worth mentioning is this video:



Kanye West has already proclaimed it the video of 2011.

Next, via Daring Fireball, is:

Click to enlarge

So cool.

And last, but not least, via one of my favorite Tumblrs, 454 W 23rd St New York, NY 10011—2157, is:

Some more and less helpful things for the lucky jerk reading ‘Infinite Jest’ for the first time.

Dope.


Hope you enjoyed this media purge as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment