08 January 2010

The Internet Was Invented For AutoTune



Right now, YouTube is full-up with autotuned-videos, some good ones too, so naturally, it takes a lot to stand out in such a robotic, chorus-saturated crowd.

Enter DJ Steve Porter.

You can read his Wikipedia page here for all the background stuff (add him on Twitter and Facebook), but for me, all that needs to be known is that he's the creator of multiple instances of genius.

My personal favorites are "Press Hop" and "Rollins vs. Viking" and of course "Slap Chop Rap."

The list goes on.

This morning, I woke up to find that Porter outdid himself once again. I can't express to you how much I love what you're about to see. Really. I've watched it probably ten times already today. I want Porter at my wedding.

Somebody make that happen, okay?

Anyway, I'd like to present "You Play To Win The Game":



I know.

I know--it's amazing. I love how JB mentions the Coors commercials, which are funny in their own right, but I'm sorry, this is way better. Be sure to watch it here in all its full-size glory.*

That's all for now. I just got a new camera, so be on the lookout for a photography binge and some related posts.

2010--the year of the unfinished novel.


More soon.

JS

*Video via Deadspin.

No comments:

Post a Comment