30 March 2009

Drink Up, Baby

Morning, folks.

Quick couple of updates:

-First, my boy Matt passed this along, a truly great find for any iPhone user:



To sum it up, that's a video on how to use iTunes to make an iPhone ringtone out of any song in your iTunes library. For free. Actually, there are some limitations, but who cares. It works. I've tried it out on a few different tracks, and while it isn't quite as easy as the actual iTunes-sponsored program, it's f-r-e-e. And I'd trade a little bit of work for free shit any day.

If you don't feel like watching the video, here's the list I made for my desktop until I just remember it:

-Set import settings to AAC
-Select Song
-Right click--get info
-Options--set start/stop for ringtone length
-Advanced--create AAC version
-Uncheck original track start/stop
-Drag new track to desktop
-Change ext. to m4r
-Delete first AAC track
-Drag m4r track into iTunes

I should point out that's the instructions for iTunes for Mac users--it's slightly different for you PC people.

-Second, I've been listening to Elliott Smith all morning, and this came up in my mix (which is called Inject My Ex-Wife: The Best of Elliott Smith):



That's a quality cover of a quality song.


More soon.

JS

No comments:

Post a Comment