23 March 2009

This Turned Into An Ode To Sneakers

Monday morning and the Sugar-Free Red Bull has me feeling just fine. I should have worn Tims this morning--it was 27° when I left--but I just packed them away when Danielle and I cleaned out the closet yesterday.


Made room for these in the kicks collection:






It's been so long since I had non-casual sneakers, I forgot about the comfort and stability kicks can provide. On sale at Foot Locker for $80 (although they're on Eastbay for $70 in limited sizes), so they were a good deal. Going to pick up the sensor for the Nike+ system this week, pretty psyched about that too.

Spring is coming, which means new kicks can come out. Still waiting to break these out of the box:

Nike Air Force 1 SoCal Edition

Nike outlet at Woodbury Commons never dissapoints.

Been eyeing these for a while too.

I love new sneakers. I love the feel of them, I love holding them, I love wearing them the first time and people noticing. And I love them when they're old and beat up too and you hang on to them because they worked so hard for you in the past. The pair that had me hooked were a pair of black Fila Runball's I had when I was eight or so. I loved those things--I wish I could find a picture.

I wish my feet weren't so wide. I stretch my Nikes out.

I'll finish this up with the greatest kicks ever:









Have a good day,

JS

No comments:

Post a Comment