31 March 2009

When I'm In A New York State Of Mind

There were a couple of nice, successful occurrences today:

-First, I got back from my (now) normal two-mile bike ride and I just wasn't tired. Didn't feel like I'd pushed myself. So I said: fuck it, do another, bitch.

And I did.

-Came back and helped Danielle get dinner ready. Tonight was the turkey burger experiment. Here's a 'before' pic:


I figured cooking it as flat as possible would be the best plan--increased surface-to-mass ratio means heat into the meat quicker, which means more juice stays inside. And they turned out okay. It's not a hamburger. But it's something pretty tasty that comes close to the hamburger experience (especially with some pickled onions on it) and is certainly much healthier.

I forgot--I took this picture last night and it's too nice not to share:


That's butternut squash gnocchi with brown butter and sage and a nice side salad. Very filling meal.

-Finally, put on the Genius feature on iTunes to provide the soundtrack for dinner clean-up and some general apartment maintenence. Genius nailed it. Here's the first twenty:


I was shocked--that's a perfect mix of east/south/mid/west as well as classics and nerd shit.

Time to go enjoy it.


JS

1 comment:

  1. Can you get me the gnocchi recipe? It looks amazing! @andevers

    ReplyDelete