04 May 2009

A.J. Burnett's Home Theater Is Worth More Than Your Life

I woke up late this morning, and it looks like it'll be another grey, dreary day, and it's Monday. So really, life just sucks right now, but then Deadspin turned it all around.

Electronic House selected A.J. Burnett's home theater setup as the bronze winner in the '09 Home of The Year Awards. Lucky for us, they included pictures in the article:


View from the rear. I dig the wall lamps--they have a vintage feel.



From the front, and even more vintage. While I wouldn't pick that look myself, it's interesting, and done well. There Will Be Blood-esque. I could imagine Burnett beating A-Rod to death with a bowling pin in there.


This burns me to the core, yet inspires giggles. A lobby? Really? His kids don't have a chance at a well-adjusted life. Candy in the counter space too? He loses some points though for the posters. 300, The Dark Knight, The Hulk (maybe?)--c'mon A.J., you've got to at least give the impression of class and taste. Throw up a Casablanca vintage or a Gone With The Wind print and call it a day.

Now that I feel great about my Sony home theater-in-a-box with the non-working left surround speaker, I'm going to go back to being miserable.


More soon.

JS

No comments:

Post a Comment