21 May 2009

As If Writing Wasn't Hard Enough


via Lifehacker, this is just an awesome find, especially for all my writer friends out there.

Tired of having all those functions like backspace and spell check turn you into a lazy writer?

Looking for something to ratchet up the pressure just that much more when you're trying to finish that story or novel?

Joey Daoud was and is.

And he has delivered.

Typewriter allows you to type, save to a text file, and print the document. There is no backspace function, no spell check, and no cut or paste functionality. If you want to force yourself to really focus and make every word count, Typewriter is an unyielding tool for forcing your thoughts to take shape before you commit them to the page.

I'm definitely going to pick this up tonight, and I'll let you all know how it works.

Anyone else out there interested?

Get Typewriter here.


More soon.

JS

1 comment:

  1. The sad part is that i remember USING a typrwriter. When we finally got a computer in my house the backspace key dumbfounded me. I remember telling my mom " Noooo, on the computer I cant use white out and its gonna show on the paper".

    I should stop admitting things like this.

    ReplyDelete