26 May 2009

Back From Vaca



Fresh off the 3.5 day weekend/holiday/Memorial Day festivities, and I'm back with the goodness, whether it be writing bullshit, literary hijinks, or Apple-bation.

Or all three!

Above is the June 1st cover of the New Yorker. What's cool about it is that the artist, Jorge Colombo, made the whole thing using an iPhone app. Brushes to be exact.

I don't know what this says about the future of artistic design principles, but it is still pretty cool. I think it's a neat way to "bridge the gap" and it's not that shabby of a picture, right?

Check out the story in The New Yorker, which also contains a video, made with Brushes Viewer, that shows how Colombo designed the cover.

The only question I have is this--if I explain to The New Yorker that I wrote a short story from start to finish and edited it on the iPhone, will they print it?


More soon.

JS

No comments:

Post a Comment