03 May 2009

Don't Drink The Tea (From Long Island)

Danielle is talking on the phone as I type this, and her voice seems amplified and almost metallic and it's driving me insane. We drank our asses off last night at a friend's house and while she seems to be fully recovered, I have the kind of hangover usually reserved for seventeen-year-olds on their first trip to Cancun. I didn't think this week's Sunday Review would even happen, but here I am, a soldier. You're only getting links though--I have no witty thoughts in me.

*

-Got an e-mail from John Madera--the dude who put together the novella project I contributed to. Apparently Time Out New York blurbed it, so congrats to John and to everyone involved.

-via Gizmodo--this is the only thing that has made me laugh today:



-via The New York Daily News--finally someone sticks up for A-Rod. This won't stop the "Bitch Tits" chants at Fenway, but it's a start.

-via The New York Times--here's an excerpt from Colson Whitehead's Sag Harbor. I posted about him recently.

-via The New York Times--it only took Britain 341 years to appoint a female poet laureate. You've come a long way baby! (That exclamation mark hurt, I swear.)

-via CNN--the title says it all: Hysteria Over Swine Flu Is The Real Danger, Some Say.

-via The New York Times--Green Day is back. That picture makes me a little sad though; Mike Dirnt doesn't seem to be aging gracefully.

-via The New York Times Magazine--cool little Q&A with Tom Colicchio. I love how he lists "grated mountain yam" as one of his food aversions. Way to go for the common man's vote, Tom.

*

-Bought new kicks on Friday:


Murdered-out Chuck Taylor's will save your soul.

Unless your soul is awash in a combination of gin, rum, vodka, tequila, sour mix, and soda. And beer from when the liquor ran out.

Then there's no fucking hope.


Enjoy Sunday.

JS

1 comment:

  1. Poor bastard. Best you didn't have me behind the bar though. In college, the Ross Angelella Iced Tea killed. Here's to your recovery. Oh, and thanks for the Sunday Review. Not sure what my night would have been like without it.

    ReplyDelete