13 April 2009

Hip Hop Speaks To Children

Heard about this not too long ago--seems like an interesting project:



From the publisher's information:

Hip Hop Speaks to Children is a celebration of poetry with a beat. Like Poetry Speaks to Children, the classic book and CD that started it all, it's meant to be the beginning of a journey of discovery.

Involved in the project, among others, are:

Nikki Giovanni
Eloise Greenfield
Mos Def
Lucille Clifton
Oscar Brown Jr.
Tupac Shakur
Maya Angelou
Queen Latifah
Nikki Grimes
Walter Dean Myers
Common
Kanye West
A Tribe Called Quest

Seems like it might be worth checking out.


More soon.

JS

1 comment:

  1. Joe,
    I think I might order this CD. It would be great for the Poetry Showcase I scheduled in my school for May 1st. I already have poetry books by Nikki Grimes, Nikki Giovanni, Eloise Greenfield, and Maya Angelou. Jodes :)

    ReplyDelete