02 April 2009

Playing Our Role In Reviving The Economy

Picked these up from Danny's Cycles in Scarsdale yesterday:


Danielle's bike--a Diamondback Sorrento on sale for $300. It's got those sweet paddle-style shifters and the black hardware really pops against the lime green frame.

I got a Trek 7000. I'm picking it up today so no pictures, but here's the stock photo from Trek:


Really nice bike--probably the nicest I've ever owned. I rode the 7300 first, which had an amazing gear system on it and was lighter, but the handlebar distance made me feel really cramped (and I don't even have long arms) and the overall ride didn't feel much different, except for the $300 increase in price. Danielle's is a straight-up mountain bike, although it's got road-friendly tires, and mine is technically a hybrid.

We also picked up some helmets:



You can tell which is meant to fit my freakishly large head. And I just realized the iMac is in the background, which just makes the picture and this whole damn post completely yuppie-fied, so I'll stop now.

Oh--I edited the first five chapters of Whitney last night. I've decided the 2nd edit will be a 3 step process. First, I'll go through and do line edits, maybe plug in some new sentences/thoughts--nothing crazy. Then I'll do the heavy lifting--put in new chapters, take out chapters, and get the framework in place and I'm thinking step 1 will help to get me in the right mindset/give me some inspiration to accomplish that. Then step 3 will be another read-through line edit.

What I'm the most excited about is that I still love what I wrote. Usually, when I go back to something, I hate it. I get dissapointed that I wasted my time and I wind up doing major strike-outs and starting fresh. Not this time. The first five chapters felt even better since I had seen them last.

It's going to be a good day.


JS

No comments:

Post a Comment