22 April 2009

It Kind Of Consumed Me

Last day of Room Selection--only have time to give a quick shout:

A Conflicted Reaction

This is an interview with Bret Easton Ellis from Chuck Palahniuk's website, conducted by the webmaster Dennis Widmyer.

Ellis is one of my favorite authors and while the interview was meant to discuss the upcoming release of "The Informers," Dennis got him to discuss his next book:

BEE: ...And that’s where I’m at with this book. I think I’ll be turning it in in a month, and I’m so bored of it.
DW: Can you tell me anything about it? You’ve got a pretty big fanbase on our site.
BEE: (slightly shocked) Really? That’s so funny.
DW: You kidding me?
BEE: (laughs) Well, it’s actually a sequel to Less Than Zero that takes place now.
DW: When do you think we’ll see that?
BEE: May of 2010. It was an interesting idea to do. I couldn’t let go of it. I had to know where these characters were. It kind of consumed me.


Supposedly it's titled "Imperial Bedrooms," although the fact that he didn't mention that is a strike against the theory.

Really nervous about the Yankee game taking place at the moment (what's wrong with C.C.?) and even more nervous about the Rangers tonight. Whoever wins tonight will win the series, you heard it here first.


More soon.

JS

1 comment:

  1. what scares me is that BEE says he's bored with the novel. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete