20 April 2009

No, Lauren. You aren't cool enough to be a Mac person, sorry.



I'm a Mac guy.

I've got an iMac, a Macbook, an iPod Classic, an iPod Touch, and an iPhone.

I don't know what that means in terms of social status and I don't really care. I like my Apple products and they treat me well in return.

We all know those Apple guy/PC guy commercials and after a couple of bogus attempts, the PC side has finally landed a punch back with their recent string of, "You find it, you keep it," commercials.

Apple is fighting back with a new round of Apple guy/PC guy commercials and Gizmodo covers one today--pretty funny.

I like the new PC commercials. For people willing to believe the non-facts they use as ammunition (Macs are "small" and "more about aesthetics"), they're a home run. What I'd like to see is one that points out that while the computer may have been under $1,000, or under $1,500, the money you will have to spend after the fact on anti-virus software or hard-drive resuscitation's or trips to the Geek Squad is, in fact, not included in the price.

And for anyone who wants to push the issue, chew on this:

If Apple didn't create a superior product, or at the very least, a product just as worth your time, why would Microsoft (remember: Windows is on roughly 92% of the computers bought in this country) spend so much time worrying about a company responsible for roughly 8% of computer sales in the United States?


Let's go Rangers.

JS

No comments:

Post a Comment